Monday, July 1, 2013

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone and Welcome to my blog, With All My ♥.

I’m Christy, a woman in her mid-40s who enjoys everything crafty and likes "experimenting" with new recipes.  I'm married to a wonderful ex-Marine, Adam (21 years now), who supports me in my endeavors to be creative in the kitchen and by having my crafts spread all over the house.  Bless his heart, I love him so much!  I am a mother to four beautiful children - Tony (20), Tiara (18), Stone (14 - autistic), and Chyna (13).  We currently reside in eastern NC with two outdoor cats and an indoor kitten.

I created this blog to share my projects and cooking experiments.  Some of the projects shown on this blog will be available for purchase in my online store.  As for the recipes, some of the recipes will be vegetarian/vegan.  If you know me, you know I'm definitely a "meat" person.  

Two reasons for the change.  The main reason for the change started back in 2011 when I was hospitalized for acute pancreatitis due to my extreme high cholesterol levels.  Needless to say, this was not fun.  Since then, they have put me on several medications to try to lower the bad cholesterol and raise the good.  Making healthier food choices and altering old recipes was my way of getting out of this situation.  

The second reason, in 2012 my eldest son decided to go vegetarian!  With him still living at home while going to college, I had to tweak old recipes and look for new ones to accommodate his new diet.

It has been difficult for me to resist all the southern cooking that I was raised on, especially red meat.  I get tired of chicken and I'm not much of a fish person unless it is fried, which of course is something I can't have.  Not to mention chicken skin - OMG...I could tear it UP!!! No joke.  Anyway, I will provide recipes for some of the best southern food that my Mama used to make, and I'll also include some healthy alternatives for the same recipe.

I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to send me a message with any comments or questions you might have. 

Also you can find me on Pinterest and Facebook sharing pins, recipes, and crafty ideas.